Why Live in Manitou Springs?
- Manitou Springs is a quaint mountain town located at the foot of Pikes Peak.
- Manitou Springs is located 15 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs and 15 minutes from Pike National Forest.
- World-class skiing is an hour and a half away, as is Denver.
- The real estate appreciation rate in Manitou is high and foreclosures are rare.
- The medium income in Manitou is higher than the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Unique, turn-of-the-century Victorian homes can be found in the Historic District.
- New-build properties can also be found.
- Manitou Springs School District 14 is in high demand – see www.greatschools.org
- The downtown commercial district has recently undergone a major renovation.
- The 5,000 citizens of Manitou provide an eclectic background and a strong sense of community.
- Manitou offers year-round festivals, parades, and seasonal activities.
- Hiking trails and major park systems surround Manitou.
- The weather is mild, typically offering over 300 days of sunshine.
Some fun and interesting things Manitou has to offer:
After many months of research, planning and community support, we are pleased to announce the rebirth of the Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway, reopening in May 2021!
Manitou Coffin Races
The 26th Annual Emma Crawford Coffin Races and Festival will take place on October 24th, 2020. The Parade starts at NOON with Coffin Races to follow.
Parades and Festivals
Living in a small town, we make our own fun. Turns out we’re pretty good at it. Join us throughout the year at all our fresh, fun and funky events. You won’t want to miss them!
Visitors to the area are often surprised just how common it is to see deer here. Be attentive while driving, as they are notorious jaywalkers.
Gorgeous Mountain Views
Wake up to mountain views and the hiking trail calling. Heck, you may even be able to walk to the trailhead from the front porch!
Not Just Another Mountain Town!
For more information regarding Manitou Springs click the link below.